Pre Primary (Wonder Years)
Tomorrow's champions need to be honed today.
Early childhood education provides a stimulating play environment for physical, intellectual, linguistic, social and emotional development of the child. Thakur International School provides your little geniuses with Playgroup, Nursery, Prep I and Prep II education. These steps prepare them for primary school and focus on the holistic development of these little gems.
The Sun Beam Playgroup module at Thakur International School has kids in the age group of 2-3 year. Thakur International School ensures that toddlers in this module get a cosy ambience that meets their needs and spurs them to become avid learners. The subsequent Wonder Years module has students from Nursery to Upper Kindergarten, referred over here as Nursery, Prep I and Prep II. This programme has ideal classrooms with ample resources and equipments to aid your child's primal development. Both these modules follow the reliable Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) programme and Montessori methods.
The School's pre-primary programme aims to achieve overall development of the child. It provides children with personalized attention, student-centered lessons, and experiences beyond the classroom, such as engaging field trips, practical activities and sensory learning acts. The school also provides children with an opportunity to explore it’s unique methods that help children learn life skills. Meant specifically for the tiny tots, these methods are based on a sensible balance between freedom and structure.
The following is a broad division of the areas and aspects that constitute EYFS:
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Dispositions and Attitudes
- Self-confidence and Self-esteem
- Team work and Co-operation
- Behaviour and Self-control
- Sense of Community
Communication, Language and Literacy
- Language for Communication
- Language for Thinking
- Linking Sounds and Letters
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Numbers as Labels and for Counting
- Shape, Space and Measures
Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Exploration and Investigation
- Designing and Making
- Movement and Space
- Health and Bodily Awareness
- Using Equipment and Materials
- Being Creative (Responding to Experiences, Expressing and Communicating Ideas)
- Exploring Media and Materials
- Creating Music and Dance
- Developing Imagination and Imaginative Play